Not much time has passed since Samsung launched their Flagships i.e Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9 Plus at the Mobile World Congress, but the prase has already started pouring in thick and quick as Now DisplayMate has claimed that S9 display is the best display they have ever tested.
DisplayMate said the Galaxy S9 OLED Panel is ‘most innovative and high–performance smartphone display‘ which has consistently performed topnotch on multiple fronts, has got an All–Green rating in all categories and thus Dethroning the iPhone X which had the highest rating earlier.
Although S9 Display has many similarities with last year’s S8 display panel, a DisplayMate analyst said instead of focusing the hardware performance of the S9, Samsung has concentrated on significantly enhancing and optimizing the on-screen picture quality and colour accuracy by implementing factory calibration which gave outstanding performance and has set an all New Display Performance record.
As for the Colour Accuracy rating of Galaxy S9 ‘Visually IndisQuishable From Perfect‘ across DCI-P3, RGB, and sRGB gamut standard, DisplayMate also mentioned that the S9 bright mode is capable of reaching 1130 nits (20%) higher than last year’s S8, although it is lower than the Galaxy Note 8 maximum output.
The records that Galaxy S9 Display set for the New Display Performance are as follows
- Highest Absolute Colour Accuracy.
- Smallest luminance Shifts with varying picture content for OLED’s (6 percent).
- Highest Peak Display Brightness (1,130 nits).
- largest Native Colour Gamut (113% DCI-P3 and 141% sRGB / Rec.709).
- Highest Contrast Ratio (Infinite).
- Lowest Screen Reflectance (4.4 percent).
- Highest Contrast Rating in Ambient Light.
- Smallest Colour Variation with Viewing Angle (29 percent at 30 degrees).
- Smallest Colour Variation of White and Viewing Angle (1.1 JNCD at 30 degrees).
- Highest Screen Resolution at 3K (2960X1440) – 4K does not appear visually sharper on a Smartphone.